Monday 28 August 2017

On Geirei Tzedek and their Spiritual Contributions

From RRW
First See http://www.aish.com/jw/s/Marrying-a-Convert.html?s=feat
Guest Blogger: Rabbi Dov Fischer

That is exactly what I tell gerim whom I sponsor through GPS when they express concern about whether their descendants will be accepted within Torah communities as Jews, even with a GPS/CR agreement that recognizes their Judaism fully. I tell them that they will be blessed with a filter that most of us lack, helping steer them away from the least worthy of prospective life partners.

In my 35 years out there, the one constant in my rabbonus has been that the gerei tzedek stand out among the most spiritual, the most dedicated, the most reverent – and, omigoodness! the best Judaically educated – among all those in the kehillah.

No comments: