Thursday 12 February 2015

Alan Parsons is rocking Tel Aviv

The Jewish Standard:

Alan Parsons is rocking Tel Aviv after telling Roger Waters and the rest of those urging a boycott of Israel: "Music knows no borders, and neither do I."

Parsons was a sound engineer on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon - which Waters was a member of.
"Roger Waters honoured my request not to publish my reply to his first letter to me, but he failed to comply with my clearly stated desire that the whole matter of his 'problem' with my concert in Israel should remain private between the two of us. He has now pressed his case in two open letters on his Facebook page without any published defence from me. So in the circumstances, I have decided to make my (originally personal) reply to him public - see below. I will be making no further comment on this matter and thank all our Israeli fans in advance for their loyalty, support, and for attending our show in Tel Aviv.

Alan Parsons

==

Dear Roger,

I appreciate your note and your passion.

However, this is a political matter and I am simply an artist. I create music, that is my raison d'être. Everyone - no matter where they reside, what religion they follow, or what ideology they aspire to - deserves to hear it if they so choose.

Music knows no borders, and neither do I.

Your colleague,

Alan"
Parsons also tweeted a link to Israellycool, a pro-Israel blog covering the issue: http://www.israellycool.com/2015/02/08/roger-waters-try-to-project-his-israel-hatred-on-to-alan-parsons-fails-miserably/

More: http://www.timesofisrael.com/alan-parsons-keeps-tel-aviv-gig-despite-waters-boycott-pleas/


Kol Tuv,
RRW

No comments: