Thursday 4 September 2014

A Funny Thing Happened Late One Night

It was Tuesday Night August 19 after 8:30 PM and we were about to close up the restaurant. A young man comes strolling down the street with a baseball cap on backwards with OU on it. No, not an Orthodox Union cap, but an Oklahoma University Sooner cap.

We start chatting. This fellow is from Atlanta, Ga and lives in Efrat. He was serving in Gaza, after being activated from his reserve status. During his service in Gaza, he injured his knee and was sent home.

He gathered his family and took off to the USA. [Secretly - I wondered if this was due to his having "enough of the war"]. He said he wanted to speak out across the USA about the Miracle.

"What Miracle?" I asked

"That thousands of Rockets are fired at Israel without any civilian casualties."

He told me he had just recently spoken at R Pruzansky's shul [Cong. Bnai Yeshurun]

I asked his name and I gave him my business card. He told me that he is also the Deputy Director of World Mizrachi. Having forgotten his name I Googled his title and here it is...

Jeremy Gimpel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Gimpel

It was also a small miracle just to "run into him" like that and I just had to share this with my Havrusa, my family, and everyone else :-).

Kol Tuv,
RRW

No comments: