Friday 4 October 2013

Huffington Post: A Question of Identity and Communication

In response to the ongoing issue in Quebec regarding the proposed legislation that will include a ban on religious headwear for public employees, I  recently wrote a second piece for Huffington Post. My issue was one I actually addressed before in the blog; the misperceptions of people as to why I wear a kippa.

I invite you to take a look at: A Question of Identity and Communication

Please feel free to comment here or there.

Rabbi Ben Hecht

1 comment:

Rabbi Rich Wolpoe said...

Bill Clinton Quotes (Author of My Life)

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/5944.Bill_Clinton

“We all do better when we work together. Our differences do matter, but our common humanity matters more.”
― Bill Clinton

President Clinton is articulating the idea that

We should celebrate our uniqueness
But
Also recognize that our common humanity transcends our individual communities.

If our goal is world harmony, it's lesson we need to learn.
Kol Tuv,
RRW