Wednesday 10 July 2013

9Av Poll

Which expresses your innermost feelings about Tisha B'Av[TbA] the best?
 
1. TbA is about the Hurban, period. While we commemorate and observe other tragedies,
to me they're just a distraction from our central purpose, namely to wail the loss of
the Mikdash.  [Music: Im Eshkocheich...]

2. Since TbA is about ALL of our tragedies, it's high time we remember the more 
recent ones such as the Holocaust and put those older events into the background 
where they belong.  [Music the Partisan song, Or Oyfn Pripitchik...] 
 
3. TbA should be about introspection. Forget about mourning! I make it a day of 
Teshuvah. I just sit in the corner, take stock of myself and do my own Tikkun  
Hanefesh. I rebuild the Mikdash in my own heart [music: Bilvavi Mishkan Evneh...] 
 
4. We survived the Holocaust. We established Israel. We've mourned too much already.
It's about time to leave the Kinnot in Sheimot and instead to look forward towards 
Moshiach and G'ulah. Let's stop "wallowing in our misery".  [Music: Techezeknah 
y'dai kol acheinu...] 
 

No comments: