Sunday 29 July 2012

Why the IOC will never memorialize the '72 Munich massacre | Fox News‏

«I heard one of the widows say to Gilady, "Are you equating the murder of my 
husband to the terrorists that killed him?" 
 
Silence. 
 
Then Ilana Romano burst out with a cry that has haunted me to this day. She 
screamed at Gilady, "How DARE you! You KNOW what they did to my husband! They let 
him lay there for hours, dying slowly, and then finished him off by castrating him 
and shoving it in his mouth, ALEX!"
 
I looked at Gilady's face as he sat there, stone cold with no emotion. This man 
knew these athletes personally. This man led the Israeli media delegation at the 
1972 Olympics and saw this atrocity first hand. This man saw my father's dead, 
naked body thrown out front of the Olympic Village for all the world to see. 
 
Without a hint of empathy, Gilady excused himself from our meeting. »
 
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/07/27/
why-ioc-will-never-memorialize-72-munich-massacre/
 
Shalom and Regards,
RRW

No comments: